DISTRICT VIRTUAL TECH CLASSES FOR PARENTS
DeKalb County Schools is presenting a series of training sessions for parents and caregivers. These sessions will show you how to use online tools to teach and engage with you students virtually.
Register here for each session.
Student Password and Support
If you need a password reset, you can contact Mr. Butts at Henderson Middle School. Call 678-874-2902.
You can also submit a help ticket with DeKalb County Schools Virtual Learning Support here.
Students are issued Chromebooks by their schools and are used for virtual schoolwork. Here are a few Chromebook resources:
- How To Use Your Chromebook - this video was made by a Lakeside student and is in English and Spanish. It does not have audio but instructions in text on the screen. Not all schools will use the same programs in the video, but the basics should still apply. Click here.
- Issues with your Chromebook? Submit a trouble ticket to the District here.
- Getting started and logging in - Videos provided by the District for getting started and logging in to the Chromebooks.
Connecting Chromebook to home printer instructions can be found here.
The Infinite Campus Portal is a confidential and secure website that provides parents, students, and staff with real-time access to information including grades, attendance, assignments and schedules. There is a student portal and a parent portal.
Here are several Infinite Campus resources:
8/31: Make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of Infinite Campus. Check your app updates and if you are experiencing issues or errors, try clearing your browser history, cookies, and cache by following these steps:
1) Log off Infinite Campus, and then press and hold down the Ctrl-Shift-Delete keys while in Chrome or Firefox.
2) Select Browing History, Cookies, and Cache.
3) For time range, select "All Time" or "Everything" and click Clear.
4) After clearing your browser history, cookies and cache, log back into Infinite Campus.
VERGE is the DCSD-approved Learning Management System (LMS). This tool allows teachers and students to seamlessly collaborate in a safe, virtual learning environment. With VERGE, teachers are able to personalize learning by providing students with voice and choice in their learning.
District Verge Resources:
DCDS Verge Webite: includes videos on how to access, navigate and send messages in Verge
A video in English and Spanish from Oakcliff for parents on using Verge: https://youtu.be/xX_os93IYy0
Microsoft Teams (or MS Teams)
Microsoft Teams is an online collaboration platform that provides a space for students and teachers to share files, chat, and engage in video conferencing features for remote learning.
By joining the PTSA, you help us meet our school's needs that are outside the scope of their budget. You also get access to our online Directory with an app for your smartphone.
Subscribe to the weekly email Henderson Newsletter
Subscribe to the Henderson Newsletter
Email HMS PTSA:
To receive messages from Principal Patillo:
Connect with School Messenger