OPEN HOUSE IS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2018
6th grade: 8:30 - 10:30am
7th grade: 11:00 - 1:00pm
8th grade: 2:00 - 4:00pm
ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Complete everything before coming to Open House and Meet & Greet to skip the lines!
At Henderson Open House you will:
- Provide Proof of Residency - Important and Required
- Complete online registration with PTSA if you did not do it prior to Open House
- Find out your team and homeroom teacher
- Meet your teachers for the year and get school supply lists
- Find out your bus number and route
- Get cafeteria and lunch information
- Join the PTSA or renew your annual PTSA membership
- Sign up to volunteer
- Check out athletics and clubs
- Purchase Agenda planner - Required-every student needs one
- Shop for HMS spirit wear and school supplies
New to DeKalb County Schools?
Please visit the HMS Main Office first and provide important paperwork. Click here for more information.
HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED WITH ONLINE REGISTRATION
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another school, you can use that to log in here and then skip to step 5.
- Create an account. Simply click the Register Now button below.
- Select New User > Create Account, and follow the prompts.
- Click "verify my email" and then check your email for a link. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam folders.
- Verify your email.
- Log back in and finish the registration process: add your children and contact information and set your directory publish preferences.
- You can then join the PTSA, purchase the required school Agenda, purchase HMS spirit wear, and donate to the Henderson Heroes Fundraiser and Teacher Appreciation, and volunteer. And then checkout.
- Use your account to subscribe to eblasts, newsletters, and our calendar.
- After you're all done with online registration with PTSA, don't forget to sign up online for School Cafe (meal payments for school lunch) and complete your application for free and reduced lunch.
Students will receive their school supply list either when they meet the teacher at Open House or during the first week of school. Students do not have lockers the first few days. Please send your student with a notebook and a pen or pencil, along with their Agenda only on the first day of school.
New to Henderson Middle School?
Do you have a rising 6th grader coming to HMS in the Fall or are you otherwise new to HMS? Check out our New Parent web page with lots of information for New Parents on our Parent Resources tab of the website.
New to DeKalb County School District?
Click here to access New Student Registration form.
Registration for Free & Reduced Lunch
DeKalb School Nutrition Services is now accepting online applications for the 201-2018 - 2019 school year via School Café. See the attached flyer.
This website can be used to:
- Apply for free and reduced meal benefits and receive instant notification of status.
- Make meal prepayments.
Open House is a big event and it takes many parent volunteers. HMS needs YOU! Please sign up to help.
The Henderson Middle PTSA is looking for members interested in serving as committee chairs and co-chairs for the 2018-19 school year. Responsibilities and time commitments vary widely. We have roles that can be filled exclusively from home, some that require frequent visits to Henderson Middle School during the school day, and everything in between.
Open positions include: Team Parent Coordinator, Parent Tours, Open House and Registration Day, School Store, Parent Programs, Cultural Arts, Health Fair/Field Day, Honors Cake/Ice Cream, Hospitality, Teacher and Staff Appreciation, Administrative Professionals Day,
Box Tops, and PTSA Reflections
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer for a PTSA committee.
BUS DISMISSAL PROCEDURE
HMS is now dismissing buses in waves. HMS will use the REMIND app and the PA system in the building to communicate who is being dismissed during the first wave.
If you would like to join the REMIND group, in order to receive text to see bus routes included in each wave, please follow these directions:
Please download the REMIND app to your phone. Then, to join the HMS Remind Bus Dismissal Group, text @hmsbuss to 81010. If you cannot text, send an email to email@example.com and you will be able to get an email with the bus wave information each day. If you send an email the subject and body of the email can be blank.
HMS FOUNDATION SPONSORS BILINGUAL LIASON
HMS has many parents who are still learning English, most of them Spanish speakers, but the interpreter is available only two days. Great news: The HMS Foundation is now funding a bilingual liaison, Alyssa Sali, to assist with Spanish, and to help our teachers and international parents communicate more effectively, so that they can all work together to help our students learn.
The interpreter is available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and our new bilingual liaison will be available Mondays and Thursdays from 9am-1pm.
DEKALB COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT OFFERS FREE ENGLISH CLASSES
The DeKalb County School District offers free English classes to parents! It's not too late to join the family outreach program. Includes, transportation, basic computer classes, access to Rosetta Stone, and classes for children registered in school starting in Kindergarten.