PTSA Membership is always open online. We would love to have ALL of our parents join the PTSA. Please remember that you do not need to volunteer your time to be a member of the PTSA - although we love our volunteers! We understand that some parents simply are unable to volunteer their time.
By becoming a PTSA member, you help us meet our school's needs that are outside the scope of their budget. You also get access to the HMS Parent Directory with an app for your smartphone. When you go a step further and volunteer to help with events—or join the PTSA Board—you set a fine example for our students to follow, and greatly encourage our teachers and staff.
100% of the membership dues paid by parents are used to support programs for ALL of our HMS students. Here are a few ways your membership dues and contributions to our Henderson Heroes Fund help support our students and staff:
- Provides each Henderson teacher with a box of paper each semester
- Purchase stamps so that report cards can be mailed home to the 1500+ HMS students
- Provides teachers, administration, and other staff with meals during Registration/Open House and Parent-Teacher conference nights
- Contributes funds to each HMS team to help off-set the costs of field trips and to assist students who could not otherwise afford to attend
- Purchased a new refrigerator this year for the teachers' lunches after the old one stopped working
- Purchased the vacuums that our hardworking custodians use to keep our school clean
- Purchased the sound system used for our Chorus, Orchestra, and Band concerts
- Provides funds for student recognition and Honors Day
- Pays for the HMS PTSA website, directory, and e-blast software that helps us communicate important information to parents each week
- Helps pay for school-wide special programming for students such as Arts and Cultural assemblies and the Health Fair
Purchasing a membership is easy and inexpensive. The cost for annual membership is $12.00 per adult member. PTSA Membership also includes access to our Online Directory and the smartphone app to access the Directory on the go.
By joining the PTSA, you help us meet our school's needs that are outside the scope of their budget. You also get access to our online Directory with an app for your smartphone.
Email HMS PTSA:
To receive messages from Principal Patillo:
Connect with School Messenger