Drop off and pick up
- From 8:00-9:00 every morning, the yellow curb in front of the school is a NO PARKING zone. No parking or idling is allowed.
- Due to safety reasons, PLEASE do not drop off your child before 8:15 AM. HMS is not able to provide student supervision before this time.
- The circular lot/road/parking/pick-up and drop-off zone is ALWAYS one way.
- When dropping off or picking up children in front of Henderson Middle School, drive around the circle and wait in line. ALWAYS drive all the way around the circle. DO NOT, under any circumstances, use the crosswalk as a short-cut or cut-through to go around more quickly.
- NO SPEEDING through the circular lot.
- Do not park in the crosswalks.
- Do not park in front of/blocking yellow gates by HMS sign.
- Children should be prepared when approaching drop off and exit quickly and expediently.
- Children are to exit the passenger side of the vehicle ONLY. There should be no exiting or walking on driver’s side of car or in the road.
- When dropping off, please pull as far forward as you can. This allows room for as many cars as possible to drop-off, making the entire process as smooth as possible. Everyone is here for the same reason. The easiest way to make it go quickly is to always follow the rules.
- BE AWARE OF PEDESTRIANS. PLEASE BE ALERT AND CAUTIOUS.
- If you do not drop-off or pick-up in the carpool line, you MUST park in the lower parking lot or designated spaces along Bolero Drive only. Children should NEVER “hop” out of or into cars on Bolero. It is extremely unsafe for children and pedestrians, as well as other cars.
- The upper parking lot is for HMS Faculty and Staff only (shown as “Teachers ONLY” on map below) from 8:00 AM-4:30 PM daily. There is NO PARKING there during designated hours.
- THERE IS NO PARKING ON BOLERO OR APPLE ORCHARD AT ANY TIME. IT IS ILLEGAL TO PARK OR IDLE ON THESE TWO ROADS, AND A DANGER TO OUR CHILDREN’S SAFETY TO BREAK THESE RULES. To ensure our kids’ safety, the police (DCPD) will be called to enforce ticketing of parked or idling cars along these two roads. Use the carpool lane in front of school, park in the lower lot, or in the designated spaces along Bolero. Above all else, safety is the most important issue.
- PLEASE lead by example. Our children must follow the rules, so must we.
Thank you for your attention to safety and awareness of these carpool and parking rules.
By joining the PTSA, you help us meet our school's needs that are outside the scope of their budget. You also get access to our online Directory with an app for your smartphone.
Email HMS PTSA:
To receive messages from Principal Patillo:
Connect with School Messenger